Date Requested 17 January 2020
Position Requested Finance and Administration Officer
Requesting Manager Chintana Somkhane
Replacing Previous Employee Chansamone Phanthavong
1. What is the necessity of this position as it relates to the direction of AHF and the Bureau? To ensure that AHF procedures and management policies related to finance, administration and HR are implemented correctly and efficiently.
2. What is the necessity for this position as it relates to the specific Country need?
AHF in Laos PDR has been be registered and we need a Finance and Admin Officer to support the
country program operations by providing day-to-day admin and finance-related tasks including
procurement and coordination with partners for correct and timely release of funds, submission and
review of expense reports; and monitoring of financial accomplishment vis-à-vis physical/program
accomplishment at the country level.
3. Is this position still relevant/needed as currently designed or described in the current job description. Does the job description need to be revised?
This is the replacement position, the job description remains the same with the previous job description.
4. What is the impact in country if the position goes unfilled?
The Country Program Manager and the Global Accounting Department will be overburdened with additional tasks and the country program will be slow and low performance of the finance and administrative aspects of country program operations.
5. Is outsourcing a better more cost effective alternative? Why or why not?
Outsourcing can be more expensive and would need very specific job description as they cost the fee according to the assigned duties and responsibilities. In a new establish country like this, the duties and responsibilities of the Admin and Finance Officer will still evolve. Thus, outsourcing may not be the cost-effective alternative.
6. Is the timing correct? Should another position be filled before this position is filled? (e.g. manager before line staff within the same department)
Finance and Administrative Officer is needed now to replace the previous one.
7. Who is currently fulfilling the responsibilities of the role?
8. Can someone already in Country fill this position?
9. What is the anticipated benefit to your program once position is filled?
Speed up LAO program and the program running smoothly.
10. Is this a budgeted position? If so, include budget information such as Cost Center(s). If not why was it not budgeted?
This position has been submitted in budget 2020 for $1,350.00/month (around LAK 11,880,000.00) under Cost Center 49090100. Position ID is 910055.
A Finance and Administrative Officer fulfills AHF’s mission of providing life-saving care and treatment to people living with HIV/AIDS by supporting general administration, financial, and logistical works for AHF Lao Office as well as project sites.
The Finance and Administrative Officer can provide administrative support to ensure the proper day-to-day functioning of the office. The role also assists CPM and other AHF Lao staff in all travel-related arrangements and all procurement process. Moreover, the Fiance and Administrative Officer works closely with CPM, accounting firm and partners to prepare and submit an annual budget plan, monthly cash call, and monthly expense report for AHF Lao Office and for all partners.
This role adds value to AHF by contributing to sound and productive working environment and assisting CPM to monitor the budget and in ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and AHF's policy and procedures.