AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are to be:
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
Responsible for an ongoing Adherence counseling of Deaf and Mute patients on ARVs at IPHC, in providing special care, family counseling and facilitation of one on one literacy sessions through sign language.
* Conducting an ongoing adherence counselling to deaf and hard of hearing patients on HIV/AIDS Treatment and their significant others.
* Rendering an ongoing Health education for patients on HIV/AIDS Treatment.
* Conduct individual sign language literacy classes.
* Together with the Social Worker, Form part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) within the IPHC, coordinating different activities at IPHC for well-functioning of special clinics for patients with Disabilities including patients who are Deaf and Mute.
* Form part of the Outreach Team at all AHF supported Clinics.
* Track and follow-up on deaf and hard of hearing patients who have missed their Clinic scheduled appointments and defaulted their Treatment.
* Work with IPHC Multi-Disciplinary Team to scale up Universal Testing and Treat (UTT) through interpretation on sign language when the need arises.
* Assist in facilitation of Therapeutic Support Groups at IPHC /AHF Supported clinics.
* Be able to work on Rotational system with the Staff/Team in the department and in all AHF supported clinics as part of improving and strengthening partnership.
* Form part of the Viral Load Priority Clinic Team when the need arises.
* Compile weekly / Monthly statistics and Administrative duties
* Handle Data with care and always maintain and respect patient’s confidentiality.
* Record in patients file for continuous management of patient care by other Therapist.
* Flexibility to take on other duties as reasonably requested by the Supervisor.
Education and/ Experience
* Matric/Grade 12
* Certificate on HIV/AIDS Training
* Sign language certificate/Training.
* Certificate on Counselling.
* Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
Should have good written, oral and interpersonal English communication skills. Knowledge and fluency in Zulu. Ability to read and speak fluently before the Group or the Employees of the Organization.
* Ability to use the computer skills will be an added advantage.
Other skills and Abilities
* Strong interpersonal skill
* Sensitivity to patients and issues surrounding HIV/AIDS.
* Ability to communicate well.
* Ability to Plan, organize, and manage work independently.
* Flexibility and creativity to come up with new strategies to improve the lives of patients.
* A commitment and willingness to work under pressure.
* Good personal skills, strong service ethics, sensitivity to patients, professionalism, and attention to detail.
* Time management skills, basic administrative skills, and ability to meet deadlines.