AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are to be:
• Value Employees
• Respect for Diversity
• Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Working with assigned teams of business line representatives in the development and the execution of marketing projects.
2. Management of creative project flow from conception to completion and applying to various advertising mediums (billboard, print, etc.).
3. Coordinating with other members of the Creative Department to ensure that projects are completed on time and to AHF standards.
4. Design advertising artwork as needed.
5. Maintain AHF and affiliate company corporate graphic and style standards for all projects assigned including marketing materials such as letterhead, brochures, direct mail, newsletters, promotional items, outdoor, print and other forms of advertising.
6. Complete assigned projects within designated budget.
7. Service requests and questions from business line areas and throughout the organization as they pertain to marketing collateral use and development.
8. Analyze cost effectiveness of assigned marketing projects; solicit bids for services and/or materials from vendors when directed or when no established preferred vendor is in place; issue request for proposal to vendors when appropriate or as directed to by the Creative Production Manager.
9. Review invoices for assigned projects; assign appropriate accounting code and obtain appropriate manager approval.
10. Coordinate the development and production of conventional marketing communications materials, i.e., brochures, fact sheets, direct mail, newsletters, banners, stationery, business cards, promotional items, etc., including coordination with outside copywriters, graphic designers, printers, promotional item vendors, lettershops, etc.
11. Assist with production and design of events, event concepts, and event promotions, i.e., AHF Healthcare Center and Out of the Closet Thrift Store openings, fundraising and community events among others.
12. Maintain archive of produced marketing collateral and associated electronic files.
13. Assure that all marketing projects are filtered through and approved by appropriate parties, including but not limited to the Marketing Department, Medical Staff Leadership, and appropriate business line representatives.
14. Is accountable for maintaining pro-active, solutions-oriented communication with the Creative Production Manager and project-specific clients or other stakeholders regarding project status and progress.
15. Is accountable for meeting deadlines or, otherwise, communicating with the stakeholders involved to change the expected deadline so as to ensure first-rate service and the highest client satisfaction.
16. Prepares attractive and accurate reports on an as-needed basis for various meetings and/or other group presentations. As appropriate, may be involved in the presenting of information to small or large groups of AHF staff.
17. Assures that all marketing materials are in coordination and synergetic, including print collateral, advertisements, and promotional items and other creative activities and events.
18. Staying up-to-date of developments in graphic production, design software, production resources and recommendation of strategies and resources that would aid in providing higher quality marketing materials.
19. Addressing the need for outside resources and assessing abilities of said resources (artists, photographers, copywriters, etc.).
20. Is expected to be a team player who is willing to take on new challenges and specific project assignments as deemed appropriate and in support of the Creative Department and overall AHF vision and initiatives.
21. Preparing final and print-ready layout to meet vendor specifications and function as pre-press/production artist for print material.
22. Attend weekly Marketing meetings and present designs created for AHF advertising and print collateral.
23. Other duties as assigned.
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees:
Attends weekly marketing department meetings. Attends other meetings as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, this person must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; two to four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer/Software Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully an individual should have highly functional knowledge of and experience in using Adobe Creative Suite and other industry-standard graphic design software, spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
Ability to work in a Mac based environment.
Strong aesthetic and design background is a must.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, patients, customers, and the general public.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities/Qualifications:
• Minimum of two years experience maintaining multiples websites using the program above.
• Graphic design and advertising background is preferred.
• Strong attention to details and deadlines.
• Must be able to manage multiple programs simultaneously with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
Valid California driver’s license with proof of liability insurance.
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.