AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are:
• Value Employees
• Respect for Diversity
• Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
- The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, have a customer friendly attitude, be highly motivated to provide outstanding customer service, be proactive in assisting patients solve various issues and problems related to receiving services from AHF.
- Must have superior telephone communication skills.
- Must accept direction from the Pharmacist In-Charge/Manager and Staff Pharmacist.
- Must have a clear understanding of HIPAA and AHF Standards for confidentiality and client anonymity.
- Must have a clear understanding of the AHF Pharmacy Compliance policy and procedures.
- Maintain a neat and clean personal appearance and adhere to the AHF Pharmacy dress code.
- At the end of each shift, leave the assigned work station in a neat, clean and orderly condition, ready for the next shift.
- Assist with the training of others in the workflow and overall services of AHF Pharmacy.
- Assist the Pharmacist-In-Charge and the Pharmacy Specialist in growing the business of the pharmacy through “gold standard” customer service, customer retention and new customer enrollment.
- Participate in community activities that promote the Mission of AHF, AHF Pharmacy and all operating entities of AHF.
- Be proactive in assisting in the development and implementation of new systems and procedures.
- The successful candidate will become”HIV Knowledgeable” as prescribed by AHF Pharmacy.
- Be cross trained in all aspects of the pharmacy operations and accept assignments on a rotating basis.
- Become knowledgeable in 340B requirements for eligible patients, replenishing inventory and special billing conditions.
- Become certified when appropriate, based on contracts, grants, Memorandum of Understanding Agreements or any other Ryan White contract related training.
- Participate in various programs that improve the quality of life of our patients’, enhance our patients’ adherence to therapy, and communicate with providers and other referral sources regarding the status of patient’s therapy.
- Become familiar with all aspects of AHF’s mission, core values and scope of services.
- Be aware of competitors, their services, and effectiveness in the market place.
II. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The below stated information on the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Quality and Compliance issues must be reported to the Pharmacist In-Charge, Director of Quality Assurance and Training, and appropriate AHF Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, other duties may be assigned:
Works within the assigned AHF Pharmacy location.
Follows all AHF Pharmacy Policy and Procedures.
Processes medication orders or prescriptions; mixes pharmaceutical preparations, fills containers with prescribed medications and types labels for containers; assists pharmacist in preparing and dispensing medication.
Operates and uses appropriate techniques within systems for storage, preparation and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the AHF Pharmacy policies regarding medication preparation and labeling’
Follows AHF Pharmacy policy and procedures for the reconciliation of controlled substances.
Follows AHF Pharmacy policy and procedures for the purchasing of pharmaceuticals and supplies.
Prepares and processes prior authorization forms for ADAP, Positive Healthcare, Medicaid programs and other insurance plans, as appropriate.
Assists patients in obtain payment and/or medication supplies with the various Pharmaceutical Assistance Program (PAP).
May be assigned the following Customer Service activities:
- Out Bound/In Bound calls to and from patients based on their monthly medication cycle.
- Out Bound calls to patients that have not refilled medication profile within 35 days or longer.
- Data Processing-Process and bill monthly medication cycles.
- Data Processing of new prescriptions.
- Data input of new patient’s demographic information.
- Customer Service-In bound calls regarding customer complaints, grievances or other customer service issues.
- Other In Bound calls related to providing AHF Pharmacy Services.
Performs each encounter in an efficient, courteous and professional manner. Functions as a primary resource in handling patients non-clinical questions from routine to complex, while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
Interprets a variety of instructions based on computer application such as refills, status checks and general questions that may be asked by the patient. Resolves patient issues, ensuring accurate information is provided.
Verifies and updates all patient information. Accurately enters prescription information into the Pharmacy computer system.
Arranges delivery or will call date with the patient when appropriate.
Assists clients with insurance enrollment and provides referrals for other medical services.
Utilizes all available resources, including electronic medical records (EMR) and other resources for verifying patient insurance information and additional patient demographics such as phone numbers and addresses.
Effectively assess patient’s needs, requests additional help and escalates to pharmacists or appropriate leadership as needed.
Maintains privacy and confidentiality as required by HIPAA, AHF and departmental policy and guidelines.
Consistently meets established productivity, scheduled adherence and quality standards, while maintain a good attendance record.
Adheres to AHF and departmental policies, procedures and processes.
Collects patient specific data for prescription and billing processing including but not limited to third party payers, delivery preferences, allergies and additional information as required or requested.
Accepts customer complaints and communicates to appropriate AHF Pharmacy staff member, in addition to documenting according to AHF policy.
Participation in Meetings and Committees
Must participate in all required AHF Pharmacy operational meetings and training sessions.
Participation in various AHF Advocacy initiatives is requested.
Participation in various AHF community events is requested.
Has no direct Supervisory responsibilities.
Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
An Associate College degree or higher desirable.
Pharmacy Technician licenses or certification (current) in state employed by AHF Pharmacy (if required).
National Pharmacy Technician Certification (current or successfully obtain within 180 days of employment).
Must have a minimum of one (1) year recent experience as a pharmacy technician or combination of education and experience may qualify.
Computer/Software Skills and Abilities
• Must have data input skills and experience in processing prescriptions in a pharmacy computer system that maintains demographic information, creates prescription labels, adjudicates claims and performs other essential functions require in a pharmacy setting.
• Experience with Cerner/Etreby Pharmacy systems preferred.
• Must have typing skills and familiarity with Windows PC applications including word processing; excel spread sheets and various e-mail and texting applications.
Must have the ability to read and interpret prescription documents.
Must have the ability to read and interpret policies, procedures and guidelines.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including entries in patient’s profiles in the Pharmacy Computer systems.
Must have the ability to speak effectively with patients and staff members in English.
Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly desirable, (Creole in some specific areas).
Must have at least intermediate skills to calculate figures and amounts such as a day’s supply of medications based on the prescription directions.
Must have the ability to calculate the monthly supply of medication required based on the instructions of a prescription.
Must have the ability to calculate dispensing and billing cycles based on days’ supply and billing dates.
Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, volume, percentages related to prescription charges and selling prices of goods and services provided by AHF Pharmacy.
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to articulate information in a clear and concise manner and have a strong command of the English language.
Must have excellent listening skills, affirms understanding.
Demonstrates empathy with patients with tone, language, questions and counseling. Must be able to probe and question patients and providers to understand concerns or needs.
Engages the patient by telephone, e-mail, text messaging as well as other forms of communication.
Maintains a professional demeanor on the telephone at all times.
Must have the ability to defuse potential customer conflict utilizing the appropriate tone, support, questions and or counsel.
Responds to patients and customers in a supportive manner.
Must be an independent thinker and can work autonomously.
Must follow all AHF processes and procedures.
Must have the ability to work as a member of a high-performing team.
Must be highly dependable.
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.