AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are:
• Value Employees
• Respect for Diversity
• Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
AHF is currently seeking an fulltime HIV Testing Counselor for our Mobile Testing Unit in the Pensacola area. We offer a competitive salary, amazing benefits, and a great work environment. Candidates must be available to work on weekday, evenings, and weekends including late hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following:
• Understands and implements operating policies and procedures.
• Conducts HIV Pre and Post Test Counseling.
• Elicits from clients HIV risk history including, but not limited to, demographic information, sex history, drug and alcohol use, and past STD infections.
• Administers oral or fingerstick tests to detect HIV antibodies.
• Collects and processes specimen samples in accordance with National, State, and Local guidelines.
• Provides health education and individual risk reduction counseling sessions.
• Promotes healthy sexual behaviors and praises risk reduction plans adopted by clients.
• Conducts test result disclosure and post disclosure counseling as needed and required.
• Offer clients local community and medical referrals as needed.
• Documents all required information for reporting purposes.
• Ability to work with multicultural and diverse population.
• Other duties may be requested as needed.
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
Attends testing counselors meeting.
Attends other meetings as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.