WHO WE ARE
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are:
• Value Employees
• Respect for Diversity
• Fight for What’s Right
Benefits at AHF
AHF offers comprehensive benefits to help our employees do and be their very best! These benefits are intended to enhance employee physical, financial, spiritual and professional health.
ABOUT AHF PHARMACY
By filling your prescriptions through an AHF Pharmacy, you are helping people living with HIV. 96¢ of every dollar collected by our pharmacies directly fund AIDS Healthcare Foundation’s HIV/AIDS programs and services domestically and abroad. Providing cutting-edge HIV medical care, regardless of a person’s ability to pay.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Experience
• Pharmacist degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
• A Pharm. D degree or higher desirable.
• Prior experience as a Pharmacist In-Charge, Manager or equivalent preferred.
• A minimum of three years (3) Pharmacist experience in a Retail Pharmacy
• Current Pharmacist license in the state employed by AHF.
• Clinical program experience in an ambulatory setting highly desirable
• A Ambulatory Residency or equivalent is a Plus
• HIV certification highly desirable, must obtain AHF approved certification within 180 days.
• National HIV certification highly desirable must be willing to obtain within 24 months of hire date.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with AHF’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning and directing task.
• Scheduling staff in assigned area of responsibilities.
• Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees when appropriate.
• Must be able to articulate information in a clear and concise manner and have a strong command of the English language.
• Must have excellent listening skills, affirms understanding.
• Demonstrates empathy with patients with tone, language, questions and counseling. Must be able to probe and question patients and providers to understand concerns or needs.
• Engages the patient by telephone, e-mail, text messaging as well as other forms of communication.
• Maintains a professional demeanor on the telephone at all times.
• Must have the ability to defuse potential customer conflict utilizing the appropriate tone, support, questions and or counsel.
• Responds to patients and customers in a supportive manner.
• Must be an independent thinker and can work autonomously.
• Must follow all AHF processes and procedures.
• Must have the ability to work as a member of a high-performing team.
• Must be highly dependable.
• Must demonstrate proficiency with Call Center and Pharmacy technology.
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.