ABOUT AHF PHARMACY
By filling your prescriptions through an AHF Pharmacy, you are helping people living with HIV. 96¢ of every dollar collected by our pharmacies directly fund AIDS Healthcare Foundation’s HIV/AIDS programs and services domestically and abroad. Providing cutting-edge HIV medical care, regardless of a person’s ability to pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in various clinical programs that improve the quality of life of our patients’, enhance our patients’ adherence to therapy, and communicate with providers and other referral sources regarding the status of patient’s therapy.
- Become knowledgeable in 340B requirements for eligible patients, replenishing inventory and special billing conditions.
- Become certified when appropriate, based on contracts, grants, Memorandum of Understanding Agreements or any other Ryan White contract related training.
- Works within the “Adherence Home Pharmacy” or “Adherence and Quality Care Center Pharmacy” at the assigned AHF Pharmacy location.
- Overseas, reviews, and verifies new and refill prescriptions issued by authorized prescribers to assure accuracy and clinical appropriateness.
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and providers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Performs and oversees support staff’s each encounter in an efficient, courteous and professional manner. Functions as a primary resource in handling patients clinical and non-clinical questions from routine to complex, while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
- Handles physician-related calls of clinical and/or non-clinical nature in a high-paced, high volume work environment.
- Assists clients with insurance enrollment and provides referrals for other medical services when appropriate.
- Prepares and processes prior authorization forms for ADAP, Medicare, Medicaid and various commercial insurance plans including Managed Care programs when appropriate.
- Assists patients in obtaining payment and/or medications through various Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (PAP).
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Experience
- Pharmacist degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- A Pharm. D degree or higher desirable.
- Current Pharmacist license in the state employed by AHF.
- Clinical experience is highly desirable.
- HIV certification highly desirable, must obtain AHF approved certification within 180 days.
- National HIV certification highly desirable must be willing to obtain within 24 months of hire date.
- Must have at least one year (1) experience as a pharmacist in a retail setting preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to articulate information in a clear and concise manner and have a strong command of the English language.
- Must have excellent listening skills, affirms understanding.
- Demonstrates empathy with patients with tone, language, questions and counseling. Must be able to probe and question patients and providers to understand concerns or needs.
- Engages the patient by telephone, e-mail, text messaging as well as other forms of communication.
- Maintains a professional demeanor on the telephone at all times.
- Must have the ability to defuse potential customer conflict utilizing the appropriate tone, support, questions and or counsel.
- Responds to patients and customers in a supportive manner.
- Must be an independent thinker and can work autonomously.
- Must follow all AHF processes and procedures.
- Must have the ability to work as a member of a high-performing team.
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.