Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for chart review and peer review following the guidelines established by the Policies and Procedures Committee. Must review 5 charts per week per clinic. Responsible for conducting or delegating peer review of providers.
- Maintains standards for productivity set by AHF seeing an average minimum of 14 patients per day. Ensures compliance with standard by coordinating patient scheduling to compensate for no-show rate.
- Attends medical provider meetings (at minimum, once a month) to discuss difficult patients.
- Reports to Medical Director or designee to discuss patient care related issues when there are specific concerns for standards of medical practice..
- Works with nursing staff and the front office to accommodate urgent care/walk-in patients.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and according to the Chief of Medicine or designee.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Reviews laboratory test results and other reports.
- Records physical findings and formulates plan and prognosis based on patient's condition; discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Utilizes electronic medical records system to document patient care.
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, occupational therapy or related therapeutic procedures; refills medication.
- Refers patients to physician or specialist for consultation.
- Completes diagnosis forms, applications for SSI, MediCal, ADAP, and HRSA forms.
- Routinely checks voice mail (daily), returns phone calls and answers all pages in a timely fashion.
- On patient admissions speaks in person to the physician at the appropriate hospital and provides a clinic summary report to the patient to take to the ED.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to provide coverage at other AHF sites as required.
- Schedules vacation or conference leave time at least 6 weeks in advance; arranges own provider coverage at the site and informs the Chief of Medicine or designee of the staffing change at least 6 weeks prior to vacation/conference.
- Calls the Chief of Medicine or designee and the Office Administrator with as much advance notice as possible for sickness and/or unplanned days off.
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
- HCC Staff Meeting
- AHF Providers Meeting
- Monthly HCC Leadership Meeting
- Monthly All Staff Meeting
- CME/ HIV Intercity Rounds Meeting
- HCC Case Conferences
This job will not have supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with HIV patients
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Electronic Management Records, Microsoft Office Windows Programs or other Database software programs
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
Sensitivity to issues surrounding HIV and AIDS; Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Valid State of California Registered Nurse Practitioner License
- Valid furnishing license with no restrictions
- Valid CPR Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.