HIV Tester MTU program
Report to Manager
Replacing Previous Employee
(Name required if applicable)
Location of Position
When Position Needed (Date)
1. What is the necessity of this position as it relates to the direction to AHF and the Division?
In order to meet our testing goal and provide testing services to all of our communities, we need to have a fully staffed program.
2. What is the necessity for this position as it relates to the specific Departmental needs?
We need to cover all of our testing shifts (day and night).
3. Is this position still relevant as currently designed or described in the current job description?
Does the job description need to be revised?
4. What is the impact to the Department/Division if the position goes unfilled?
We will not be able to meet our testing goal, neither will be able to provide our services to all of our communities in the region.
5. Is outsourcing a better/ more cost effective alternative?
Why or why not? No, we will prefer an internal transfer, someone who is familiar with the program and the company.
6. Is the timing correct? Should another position be filled before this position is filled? (e.g. manager before line staff within the same department) No.
7. Who is currently fulfilling the responsibilities of the role?
8. Should this position be filled by someone already in the Department/Division? We always prefer to fill the position with an AHF or Public Health Division employee but we are looking for the best candidate for the position.
9. What is the anticipated benefit to your Division?
It is crucial for MTU program to have a full staff to be able to provide services to all the areas we cover in South Florida.
10. Is this a budgeted position? If so, include budget information such as Cost Center(s).
Budgeted? x YES NO
Full Position Budgeted? x YES NO
If no cost center provided, this position will not be submitted for approval.
11. Is this position grant funded? If so, include budget information including Percentage(s).
Grant Funded? YES x NO
Full Position Grant Funded? YES x NO
If no percentage provided, this position will not be submitted for approval.
AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are:
• Value Employees
• Respect for Diversity
• Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
AHF is currently seeking an HIV Testing Counselor for our Mobile Testing Unit in South Florida. This opportunity is to work on a Full Time, Regular basis. We offer a competitive salary, amazing benefits, and a great work environment. Candidates must be available to work on holidays, weekdays, evenings, and weekends including late hours.
The role of an HIV Testing Counselor is vital to helping AHF with our mission to provide compassionate and informing care to our clients. Within their duties of HIV testing, this position has the opportunity to engage in outreach within the community and educate those at risk. Caring, personable and relatable counselors enhance the probability of clients returning for services in the future.
Providing the best possible care can also ensure clients are well-informed to protect themselves in the future.
The HIV Testing Counselor can help the Public Health Department team within AHF further develop by contributing a team centered attitude and new outreach strategies. In addition, giving feedback to their manager about how service could be improved will allow the team member to enhance their contribution.
The Testing Counselor adds consistent value to the PHD Team by adapting to various situations with ease and by being flexible.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.