Full time Mid Level
Adam Zweig, MD
Report to Manager
Gerald Hamwi, MD
Replacing Previous Employee
(Name required if applicable)
Pam Jongthavorn, NP
Location of Position
Valley HCC / Redondo Beach HCC
When Position Needed (Date)
1. What is the necessity of this position as it relates to the direction to AHF and the Division?
Pam Jongthavorn is a FT nurse practitioner at the Valley HCC. She wishes to return to her native Thailand and will remain at the Valley full time until her replacement is hired.
2. What is the necessity for this position as it relates to the specific Departmental needs?
If not replaced, there would be only one physician at the Valley HCC which would be inadequate for the
census at this site.
3. Is this position still relevant as currently designed or described in the current job description?
Does the job description need to be revised? Still relevant, no revision needed.
4. What is the impact to the Department/Division if the position goes unfilled? Patient access issues at Valley.
5. Is outsourcing a better/ more cost effective alternative?
Why or why not? No. We will need to see our own patients.
6. Is the timing correct? Should another position be filled before this position is filled? (e.g. manager before line staff within the same department) Timing is correct.
7. Who is currently fulfilling the responsibilities of the role? Pam Jongthavorn, RNP
8. Should this position be filled by someone already in the Department/Division? we have no known provider availability within AHF
9. What is the anticipated benefit to your Division?
Having the necessary providers to care for current patient census and allow for growth.
10. Is this a budgeted position? If so, include budget information such as Cost Center(s).
Budgeted ? X YES NO
Full Position Budgeted? YES X NO
If no cost center provided, this position will not be submitted for approval.
11. Is this position grant funded? If so, include budget information including Percentage(s).
Grant Funded? X YES NO
Full Position Grant Funded? YES X NO
If no percentage provided, this position will not be submitted for approval.
A Great Place to Work. A Great Place to Receive Care.
Do you have a passion for putting patients first? Are you interested in providing HIV Primary Care services to a unique underserved patient population?
As an HIV Primary Care Practitioner your clinical skills will be utilized in our outpatient healthcare centers. Our Family/Internal Medicine/ID Practitioners have the opportunity to work hands-on with our patients and offer the highest quality of care. Our healthcare providers include Physicians, Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. As a member of our interdisciplinary team of primary care clinicians, mental health providers, case managers and researchers you will actively participate in improving the lives of patients who are living with HIV/AIDS.
You will work in collaboration with the HCC Medical Staff to ensure quality customer service; quality clinical care and timely evaluation and management in the primary medical care of our AHF patients.
In order to ensure adequate time for the execution of these responsibilities, Physicians, PA and RNP’s are allocated a standard 4 hours of administrative time (per week- See Administrative Time Policy & Procedure). If more time is required, prior authorization must be obtained from the Regional Medical Director.