AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are:
• Value Employees
• Respect for Diversity
• Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Accepts donations from customers and provides a receipt upon request.
• Assists customers with donations and purchases.
• Assists drivers, driver’s assistants and OTC personnel with the unloading of merchandise.
• Sorts, tags and prices merchandise in accordance with OTC policy.
• Organizes and places merchandise on the sales floor as directed by management.
• Responsible for the general upkeep, appearance and necessary maintenance of the store. This includes emptying waste receptacles, cleaning restrooms and maintaining the front and back of the store.
• Balances assigned cash drawer by counting cash at the beginning and end of each scheduled work shift. Reports cash drawer discrepancies immediately to the assigned supervisor on duty. Does not leave assigned cash drawer unattended and does not allow other staff members, except the group store manager, to handle the assigned cash drawer.
• Completes daily cash log at the beginning and end of each scheduled work shift.
• Itemizes and totals customer purchases on cash register; Ensures 100% accuracy for all register transactions. Reports use of void and minus key on register immediately to the supervisor in charge.
• Collects payment for merchandise. Checks for counterfeit bills and makes change for cash customers.
• Ensures that all customers are given a receipt.
• Operates credit card authorization machine. Verifies customer’s identity prior to authorizing the transaction.
• Answers store telephone as necessary.
• Reports any problems, accidents, unsafe conditions or equipment trouble immediately to the supervisor in charge.
• Complies with all AIDS Healthcare Foundation time card procedures (punches in at beginning of scheduled work shift, punches out at end of scheduled work shift and punches in and out for lunch).
• Upholds and complies with all Out of the Closet and AIDS Healthcare Foundation policies and procedures.
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
Attends OTC staff meetings as assigned.
This job has not supervisory responsibilities.