AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are:
• Value Employees
• Respect for Diversity
• Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
Summary of Responsibilities
The Human Resources Manager provides resources to multiple AHF lines of business in the Southern Bureau, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Supports Director(s), managers, supervisors, and employees regarding HR policies, procedures, benefits, and recruiting, training and employee relations. Under general supervision provided by the Senior Director of Human Resources, researches and answers routine and non-routine questions related to HR and within certain limitations, interprets policy where clear-cut procedures do not exist. Fosters the use of appropriate HR policies and practices, and communication. Assists with the development of HR policies and procedures and performs HR analysis as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Makes recommendations to the Director of Human Resources and the Senior Director of Human Resources.
• Serves as an advisor to management, supervisors and employees on matters such as conduct, performance, conflict resolution, retention and other related programs. Monitors process and practice to insure appropriateness, application accuracy and fairness. Applies good judgment and establishes credibility.
• Assists employees, supervisors and managers in various employee relations issues by doing timely intake of the issue, researching necessary information, soliciting any necessary resources, and making recommendations for the issues at hand. Handles group communication effectively; hears all sides of an issue and demonstrates a calm, objective and methodical (reassuring) approach to addressing concerns.
• In collaboration with the Senior Manager of Human Resources, assists managers in conducting internal informal investigations regarding employee related issues (incidents and complaints), provides assistance to employees and supervisor in resolving work related disputes.
• Handles internal informal investigations regarding issues of unfair employment and discrimination complaints in concert with the Senior Manager of Human Resources and the Senior Human Resources Director.
• Maintains and enhances a productive work environment by facilitating the resolution of conflicts between management and line staff as necessary; coaches management on effective management/communication techniques; maintains open communications with all levels of the organization.
• Administers performance review and performance management programs to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity with organization.
• Plans and conducts approved new hire orientation to foster understanding and positive attitude toward company goals.
• Assists the HR Senior Manager in developing proactive employee relations programs and initiatives.
• Oversees record keeping of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, career development plans, and terminations. Gathers and maintains employee statistics for census and government reporting purposes. Ensures the maintenance of security and confidentiality of all employee records.
• Collaborates with HRIS Manager to ensure personnel files are kept in accordance with company standards. Conducts periodic reviews of personnel files, including benefit and health records to ensure completeness.
• Proactively provides guidance and support to managers regarding the progressive discipline process, up to and including the coordination of involuntary employee separation. Ensures that a balanced but consistent approach is taken in the application of discipline.
• Ensures timely completion of employee exits (voluntary and involuntary); obtains final check, completes required paperwork for exit process, to include suspension or cancellation of network access, email accounts, etc.
• Represents the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations as assigned.
• In collaboration with the Senior Manager of Human Resources, assists in identifying, researching and analyzing issues, concerns and trends affecting employee retention.
• Conducts or arranges for in-house training for staff and managers on a variety of HR issues (new manager training, injury and illness program, documentation, handing disciplinary problems, conducting a career development interview, etc). Safety, Harassment, Interviewing.
• Communicates regularly and frequently with the Senior Manager, Director and the Senior Director of Human Resources concerning all personnel issues (employee relations, performance monitoring, benefits, recruiting, compliance, training, etc).
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
• Attends HR and Business Line-related meetings as needed.
• Attends other meetings as assigned.
• Participates in committees as required.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with AHF’s policies and applicable laws.