Amazing opportunity at WORLD!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, WORLD is the place for you!
Women Organized to Respond to Life-threatening Diseases (WORLD), an affiliate of AIDS Healthcare Foundation, is a diverse organization for, by, and about women living with, and at risk for, HIV/AIDS. WORLD improves the lives and health of women, girls, families and communities affected by HIV through peer-based education, wellness services, advocacy, and leadership development. We envision a world where women, girls, and families affected by HIV and AIDS have the tools, support and knowledge to live healthy and productive lives with dignity. Our vision is rooted in a commitment to human rights and wellness with the understanding that this includes freedom from violence; access to housing; quality healthcare; food security; physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing; education and economic justice.
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Bookkeeping / Accounting via Quickbooks.
· Monthly invoicing for contracts /grants.
· Monthly cash flow update.
· Statement of position (Balance Sheet).
· Statement of activities (P&L).
· Finance dashboard (Budget vs Actual).
· Assist with preparation of annual budget as needed.
· Create organization/project budgets for grant proposal and reports ( WORLD will provide a schedule of due dates at least 2 weeks ahead of time if possible).
· Support audit process.
· Ensure an effective system of internal controls is in place.
· Ongoing communication regarding upcoming grant proposal and reports.
· Weekly meeting with the Interim Executive Director
· Other duties may be assigned.
Participation in Meetings/Committees
Attends meetings as assigned and /or requested by supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A bachelor's degree in finance, business administration or accounting, Experience with non–profits grants and budget a must.